The Club Tournament FINALS will take place on Sunday 8th September 2019 from 10:00am. On the day we want as many to come and support (and even Umpire/Line Judge) and will let you know more about arrangements nearer the time. (Note if wet, then will be played the following Sunday 15th)
Details of the draw are below, so PLEASE PLEASE get your matches organised as soon as possible (don’t wait for other players to arrange)!
- Ladies Singles – (Last update 01/8/19)
- Mens Singles – (Last update 17/8/19)
- Ladies Doubles – (Last update 15/8/19)
- Mens Doubles – (Last update 05/8/19)
- Mixed Doubles – (Last update 12/8/19)
A players’ contact sheet will be issued to all competitors by Iain Stewart or Dan Curtis, the Tournament organisers, BUT the draw sheets will be only on the WEB. You can print copies yourselves as required.
The results will be updated as they are received – Any updates send to Iain or Dan and also copy in hoveparktennis @ btinternet.com .
**At the AGM is was emphasised the need to arrange matches and get them played promptly so the tournament can run fairly to all.**
To ensure the tournament runs smoothly for the benefit of everyone, the Rules to be followed are below (with additional notes):-
- 1) Every Competitor is responsible for arranging matches they are in (please do not wait for others to make contact with you)
- 2) Matches are best of 3 sets, with a tie break at 6-6 in any set.
- 3) Matches are to be played by dates shown on the Draw sheets.
- 4) If a match is not going to be completed by the stated date please inform Iain/Dan asap. (Note: Missed deadlines could result in ALL players in that game being scratched)
- 5) Matches cannot be played on courts used during Club Evenings unless they become free later in the evening.
- 6) Results are to be given to Iain Stewart or Dan Curtis immediately after matches have been played (can also copy in hoveparktennis @ btinternet.com ).
- 7) If you are unable to compete further, or even for a temporary period, please inform Iain/Dan. Please also try and let your partner/opponents know.
- 8) A reminder will be sent if results have not been received by the stated date (but please do not wait for this – see note for 4)
- 9) If you are not free on Finals Day you must withdraw from the Tournament asap.
- 10) If necessary the Tournament Secretary will arbitrate in the event of a dispute (and has the final say).
- Most important – Have fun and enjoy!! – Iain and Dan