The Club Tournament FINALS took place on a gloriously sunny Sunday 2nd September 2018 from 10:00am.
Great to see such a large number come down and support during the day, and thanks for all the food contributions! Special thanks to all Umpires and Line Judges. See Gallery for some photos from the day.
The RESULTS are as follows.
Ladies Singles – (Last update 2/9/18) Joannah beat Susy
Mens Singles – (Last update 2/9/18) David beat Fariss
Ladies Doubles – (Last update 2/9/18)Jess/Rachel beat Ann/Rita
Mens Doubles – (Last update 2/9/18) Iain/James beat Tony/Colin
Mixed Doubles – (Last update 2/9/18) Tony/Hayley beat Iain/Ann
The rules and a players contact sheet were issued to all competitors by Iain Stewart or Dave T, the Tournament organisers, BUT the draw sheets will be only on the WEB. You can print copies yourselves as required. The results will be updated as they are received. Any updates send to Iain or Dave and also copy in hoveparktennis @ btinternet.com .
**At the AGM is was emphasised the need to arrange matches and get them played promptly so the tournament can run fairly to all.**
To ensure the tournament runs smoothly for the benefit of everyone, the Rules to be followed are below (with additional notes):-
1) Each Competitor is responsible for arranging matches they are in (please do not wait for others to make contact with you)
2) Matches are to be played by dates shown on the Draw sheets.
3) Matches cannot be played on courts used during Club Evenings unless they become free later in the evening.
4) Results are to be given to Iain Stewart or Dave T immediately after matches have been played (can also copy in hoveparktennis @ btinternet.com ).
5) If a match is not going to be completed by the stated date please inform Iain/Dave asap. (Note: Missed deadlines could result in all players in that game being scratched)
6) If you are unable to compete further, or even for a temporary period, please inform Iain/Dave. (Please also try and let your partner/opponents know)
7) A reminder will be sent if results have not been received by the stated date (but please do not wait for this – see note for 5)
8) If you are not free on Finals Day you must withdraw from the Tournament asap.
9) If necessary the Tournament Secretary will arbitrate in the event of a dispute (and has the final say).
10) Matches are best of 3 sets, with a tie break at 6-6 in any set.
Iain Stewart/Dave T, Tournament Secretaries