The Club Tournament FINALS took place on Sunday 3rd September 2017 from 9:45am. Despite the dreadful weather we still managed to play them all!
Order of matches
Ladies Singles – Jo Davies beat Rachel Lee 6-2 6-2
Mens Singles – Josh Pollard beat Fariss Barakat 2-6 6-2 6-3
Ladies Doubles – Susie Pettit/Jo Whatley beat Pam Martin/Dinah Rae 6-1 7-5
Mens Doubles – Dan Curtis/Fariss Barakat beat John Bell/Stephen Milonas 7-5 6-3
Mixed Doubles – Tony Denman/Susie Pettit beat Martin Patrick/Dinah Rae 6-4 3-6 7-5.
Many thanks for all the help from the Umpires and line judges (and food contributors) for the matches. Special thanks to Paul Smith for organising! Check out the Gallery for the Finalists!
BBQ was cancelled due to poor weather forecast BUT some people still brought down snacks, etc during the day! Thanks you for coming down and enjoying our last social of the year.
The DRAW is as follows. (PS Update – a tie break is played at 6-6 in ANY set – as per recent change in League Match rules)
Ladies Singles – (Last update 03/9/17)
Mens Singles – (Last update 03/9/17)
Ladies Doubles – (Last update 03/9/17)
Mens Doubles – (Last update 03/9/17)
Mixed Doubles – (Last update 03/9/17)
The rules and a players contact sheet will be issued to all competitors by Paul Smith, the Tournament organiser (or by Club Captain Mick Cox), BUT the draw sheets will be only on the WEB. You can print copies yourselves as required. The results will be updated as they are received. Any updates send to Paul Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) and also copy in hoveparktennis @ btinternet.com .
**At the AGM is was emphasised the need to arrange matches and get them played promptly so the tournament can run fairly to all.**
To ensure the tournament runs smoothly for the benefit of everyone, the Rules to be followed are below (with additional notes):-
1) Each Competitor is responsible for arranging matches they are in (please do not wait for others to make contact with you)
2) Matches are to be played by dates shown on the Draw sheets.
3) Matches cannot be played on courts used during Club Evenings unless they become free later in the evening.
4) Results are to be given to Paul Smith (email@example.com) immediately after matches have been played (can also copy in hoveparktennis @ btinternet.com ).
5) If a match is not going to be completed by the stated date please inform Paul asap. (Note: Missed deadlines could result in all players in that game being scratched)
6) If you are unable to compete further, or even for a temporary period, please inform Paul. (Please also try and let your partner/opponents know)
7) A reminder will be sent if results have not been received by the stated date (but please do not wait for this – see note for 5)
8) If you are not free on Finals Day you must withdraw from the Tournament asap.
9) If necessary the Tournament Secretary will arbitrate in the event of a dispute (and has the final say).
10) Matches are best of 3 sets, with a tie break at 6-6 in any set.
Paul Smith, Tournament Secretary, 01273 556516, firstname.lastname@example.org