The Club Tournament FINALS took place on Sunday 4th September 2016 from 10:00am. Some great matches and good to see so many supporters for all the matches. (Special thanks to Paul and Mick, and all the volunteers who helped with umpiring, line judges, etc, much appreciated!). Once the last match completed we had a great club social with food and refreshments – many thanks to Matt Pither for doing all the cooking and Ann for organising, plus everyone who brought food. See the Gallery for more pictures
The RESULTS are as follows.
Ladies Singles – (Last update 05/9/16) Won by Savvi
Mens Singles – (Last update 05/9/16) Won by Josh
Ladies Doubles – (Last update 05/9/16) Won by Patricia and Edith
Mens Doubles – (Last update 05/9/16) Won by Stephen M and Thomas
Mixed Doubles – (Last update 05/9/16) Won by James and Morna
The rules and a players contact sheet will be issued to all competitors by Paul Smith, the Tournament organiser (or by Club Captain Mick Cox), BUT this year the draw sheets will be only on the WEB. You can print copies yourselves as required. The results will be updated as they are received. At the AGM is was emphasised the need to arrange matches and get them played promptly so the tournament can run fairly to all.
To ensure the tournament runs smoothly for the benefit of everyone, the Rules to be followed are below (with additional notes):-
1) Each Competitor is responsible for arranging matches they are in (please do not wait for others to make contact with you)
2) Matches are to be played by dates shown on the Draw sheets.
3) Matches cannot be played on courts used during Club Evenings unless they become free later in the evening.
4) Results are to be given to Paul Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately after matches have been played (can also copy in hoveparktennis @ btinternet.com ).
5) If a match is not going to be completed by the stated date please inform Paul asap. (Note: Missed deadlines could result in all players in that game being scratched)
6) If you are unable to compete further, or even for a temporary period, please inform Paul. (Please also try and let your partner/opponents know)
7) A reminder will be sent if results have not been received by the stated date (but please do not wait for this – see note for 5)
8) If you are not free on Finals Day you must withdraw from the Tournament asap.
9) If necessary the Tournament Secretary will arbitrate in the event of a dispute (and has the final say).
Paul Smith, Tournament Secretary, 01273 556516, email@example.com