We now have all the winners of the Club Tournament from FINALS day on Sunday 6th September 2015. What a glorious day and plenty of members and friends came along during the day to support all players and after the Trophy presentations, and joined in for the BBQ at the end! (Special thanks to Matt for organising that part).
Sunday’s Finals’ results are as follows.. Pictures have been added to the Gallery.
Ladies Singles – won by Joannah Davis
Mens Singles – Won by Josh Pollard
Ladies Doubles – Won by Claire Poulton / Margaret Oldfield
Mens Doubles – Won by Simon Sumner / Ben Pugh
Mixed Doubles – Won by Angie Key / Darren Pollard
The rules and a players contact sheet will be issued to all competitors by Paul Smith, the Tournament organiser (or by Club Captain Mick Cox), BUT this year the draw sheets will be only on the WEB. You can print copies yourselves as required. The results will be updated as they are received. At the AGM is was emphasised the need to arrange matches and get them played promptly so the tournament can run fairly to all.
To ensure the tournament runs smoothly for the benefit of everyone, the Rules to be followed are below (with additional notes):-
1) Each Competitor is responsible for arranging matches they are in (please do not wait for others to make contact with you)
2) Matches are to be played by dates shown on the Draw sheets.
3) Matches cannot be played on courts used during Club Evenings unless they become free later in the evening.
4) Results are to be given to Paul Smith immediately after matches have been played.
5) If a match is not going to be completed by the stated date please inform Paul asap. (Note: Missed deadlines could result in all players in that game being scratched)
6) If you are unable to compete further, or even for a temporary period, please inform Paul. (Please also try and let your partner/opponents know)
7) A reminder will be sent if results have not been received by the stated date (but please do not wait for this – see note for 5)
8) If you are not free on Finals Day you must withdraw from the Tournament asap.
9) If necessary the Tournament Secretary will arbitrate in the event of a dispute (and has the final say).
Paul Smith, Tournament Secretary, 01273 556516, email@example.com